Metaverse Game Studios, Inc
St. Petersburg, Florida/ Remote
Metaverse is a young and independent game development company led by industry veterans who worked for core games such as Far Cry, Destiny, Halo series, Warface, League of Legends, Diablo Immortal, Mount&Blade series, Metro Exodus, and more. We are developing Angelic, which has an equal emphasis on storytelling and party-based RPG elements, all backed by a dark and compelling science-fiction setting in which you are often mesmerized by the complexity of the events happening around you.
If you are up to a challenge and want to deliver unforgettable RPG experiences to players around the world, our family is ready to welcome you!
PLEASE APPLY IF ONLY YOU ARE INTERESTED IN A FULL TIME POSITION - NO OUTSOURCE ARTISTS OR STUDIOS.
Angelic combines turn-based strategy combat with a narrative RPG, all backed by a collaboratively crafting science-fiction setting thanks to blockchain technology. Get ready to shape a massive conflict in the dark and compelling universe of Angelic.
It will not be an easy journey, and each action will have deep echoing repercussions. But don’t worry, you won’t have to do it alone.
As a Lighting Artist, you will be responsible for lighting the different environments of the game. The Lighting Artist will drive realistic, cinematic lighting in a real-time environment
- Create both the exterior and interior lighting within environments, the cinematic and character lighting using Unreal Engine 5
- Create lighting guidelines and implementation techniques
- Maintain the overall look, color balance, and quality
- Optimize lighting data for memory and frame
- Work with the Art Director and Lead Environment Artist to achieve the best look possible to meet the needs of the level
- Engage in look-development around key surfaces and shaders to ensure lighting delivers against visual reference
- Place and adjust light sources within the environment
- Tweak shading materials and textures to improve the perception of the lighting
- Contribute to the development and placement of special effects related to lighting and atmosphere, such as light flares, fog, god rays, and camera optics
- Work with level designers to ensure integration with gameplay
- Collaborate and communicate with a team of internal and external developers
Skills & Requirements
- 2+ years experience in games or related fields
- A portfolio or demo reel that demonstrates a keen eye for detail and the ability to use light, shadow, and color to create a variety of tones and moods
- Excellent understanding of color theory, composition, and lighting principles
- Excellent knowledge of post-processing effects such as color grading, exposure, tone mapping, bloom, etc.
- PBR, PBL, HDR lighting, and image correction techniques
- Comprehensive knowledge of photography or film-based techniques
- Ability to work within memory and performance constraints while maintaining high visual quality
- Passion for pushing the visual envelope
- Able to learn quickly
- Ability to manage your own time and work within deadlines
- Being a team player
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written