Metaverse Game Studios, Inc
St. Petersburg, Florida USA/Remote
Metaverse is a young and independent game development company led by industry veterans who worked for core games such as Far Cry, Destiny, Halo series, Warface, League of Legends, Diablo Immortal, Mount&Blade series, Metro Exodus, and more. We are developing Angelic, which has an equal emphasis on storytelling and party-based RPG elements, all backed by a dark and compelling science-fiction setting in which you are often mesmerized by the complexity of the events happening around you.
If you are up to a challenge and want to deliver unforgettable RPG experiences to players around the world, our family is ready to welcome you!
PLEASE APPLY IF ONLY YOU ARE INTERESTED IN A FULL TIME POSITION - NO OUTSOURCE ARTISTS OR STUDIOS.
The Angelic Game
Angelic combines turn-based strategy combat with a narrative RPG, all backed by a collaboratively crafting science-fiction setting thanks to blockchain technology. Get ready to shape a massive conflict in the dark and compelling universe of Angelic.
It will not be an easy journey, and each action will have deep echoing repercussions. But don’t worry, you won’t have to do it alone
Senior 3D Artist - Props/Hard-Surface (m/f/d)
As a Senior Hard Surface Artist you will be responsible for creating a diverse array of high-quality believable Sci-Fi 3D assets in Unreal 5.
- Modeling a wide range of SCI-FI photorealistic props/hard-surface weapons, environments, vehicles and spaceships
- Create mid poly versions of hard surface assets while keeping the technical limitations of real-time UE5 in mind
- Generate UVs and manually optimize the layout
- Being able to bake and create relevant maps then using them for the creation of PBR texture sets and materials
- Collaboration with the Art Director and Lead Artist to maintain consistency on the style
- Work and collaborate with different internal teams and meet technical requirements
- 3+ years of professional experience in a 3D Prop/Hard-Surface Artist capacity for games (ideally within a AAA game studio)
- Solid understanding of the artistic and technical fundamentals of game art production
- Demonstrate skills and abilities of Hard-Surface and clean shading skills through your portfolio
- Great understanding of the whole creation pipeline for game-ready hard surface assets (High Poly, Low Poly, UV Mapping, Bake, PBR Texturing, Optimization, Engine Implementation)
- Proficiency in the use of at least one major 3D and one texturing package (3DS Max, Maya, Blender, Substance Suite, Photoshop)
- A keen eye for industrial design with attention to detail capable with receiving and applying feedback
- Great team player and communication skills in English, both spoken and written
- Plus: Experience in Unreal Engine 5, Material creation
- Experience working in a production environment with deadlines and task management
What we offer you:
- An opportunity to work for a market-leading, hypergrowth tech company with a broad international customer base that is using VR and AR to transform the way they work, learn and research
- The experience of creating and implementing highly-valuable and innovative technology, while contributing to the long-term growth of a successful tech company
- Profit from an open and modern work environment with flexible working hours
- Be a part of a diverse international team with highly-qualified and dedicated colleagues representing over 30 nationalities
- Bring in your own ideas and actively participate in shaping our company
Diversity and Inclusion
Diversity and inclusion are very important for us. The creative potential and hard work of all our team members is what matters to us. You can be anyone or even any-thing, and as long as you're helping us create this amazing product we all love, you're more than welcome in our team. Moreover, diversity brings out creativity and it's valued and cherished at Metaverse Game Studios.