You have experience working within cross-discipline strike teams on collaborative assignments. You are someone who sets an example for a positive collaborative process. You are self-motivated, have great communication skills, and possess a great team-player attitude! We’re looking for someone who loves animation!
PLEASE APPLY IF ONLY YOU ARE INTERESTED IN A FULL TIME POSITION - NO OUTSOURCE ARTISTS OR STUDIOS.
The ideal candidate has a strong aesthetic eye and a solid understanding of AAA game production. They can communicate easily with other disciplines and studios and take creative and artistic direction as well as support the Art and Design team in maintaining the animation style and quality on a variety of projects for external or co-development work. Qualifications for this role are listed below, but please do not hesitate to apply if you don’t meet 100%.
Skills & Requirements
- Shipped multiple AAA titles, ideally using Unreal or a comparable engine.
- Experience animating in Maya. Basic rigging knowledge is a plus.
- Exemplary skills in keyframe stylized 3D animation.
- Exceptional knowledge of how to create and maintain gameplay systems in game engines as they pertain to video game animation.
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills.
- A very strong understanding of character performance, form, gesture, and silhouette in regard to player character.
- Excellent understanding of anatomy and caricature.
- Exceptional skill in animating the human bipedal figure, organic forms and mechanical objects. Experience in quadrupedal animation is a bonus.
- An exemplary understanding of traditional animation principles and how they support and enhance gameplay.
- Experience working with Motion Capture data and editing it.
- A love for research, reference, and documenting your findings to share with the team.
- Mentorship, coaching, and training experience is a bonus.
- Passionate about making games.
- Excellent English communication and writing skills.
- Keep a positive team-oriented attitude.